Slow Down, Sell Faster! Sales Training
Master the 8 Roles of Buying-Focused Selling
Built on principles presented in the book, Slow Down, Sell Faster!, this program gives salespeople an easy-to-use model for adjusting their sales behavior to get in sync with their customer’s buying behavior.
The program is structured to teach salespeople how to embed the principle of “customer focus” in their sales process—and how to avoid the speed bumps that slow down customer buying! Participants will learn how to shift the odds in their favor throughout the customer’s buying process.
- The 8 predictable steps of customer buying
- The matching 8 roles for the salesperson—the different sets of professional skills that salespeople should use to help customers through each buying step quickly
- Techniques for exposing additional customer needs
- How to get customers to convince themselves that inaction is not an option
- How to sell more effectively to buying teams—getting to more decision makers earlier in their buying cycle, and creating multiple internal champions for your solution
- Tools for capturing customer needs, performing competitive analyses, and more!
- The flexibility of our sales model enables us to customize the program to different levels of sales complexity. The program focuses on sales situations where customers go through a deliberate decision-making process, and often there is more than one person involved in the decision.
- 2- to 3-day live on site workshop
- Customizable to your company’s language and unique situations and challenges
- Develop a common process and language around selling, with the customer at the center of your model.
- Increase sales effectiveness—more appointments, higher success ratio
- Develop a better understanding of your customers, their needs, and their buying process
- Sell and negotiate on value, not price
Sales Training Program Benefits
The Slow Down Sell Faster Sales Program is the most effective sales approach for meeting your customers’ needs at each step of their buying process.
- Customer-first sales approach that strengthens relationships.
- Consistent and measurable sales process with metrics to manage.
- Align your sales process with the needs and wants of customers.
- Salespeople learn to sell solutions, not just products.
- Common language for opportunity diagnosis and coaching.
- Revitalize your most experienced sellers with an innovative sales approach that they’ll see as “new and different.”
- Create greater customer demand with improved questioning skills.
- Systematic approach for penetrating and growing key accounts.
- Position your solution advantageously before competitors get involved.
- Sell and negotiate on value, not price.
- Proven successful by many Fortune 500 companies (view our client list).
- Supported by an award-winning book that extends the learning outside the classroom.
Slow Down, Sell Faster Sales Model
The Slow Down, Sell Faster! sales model is a practical guide to keeping in step with your customers. The model incorporates the 8 predictable steps of customer buying, and explains the types of professional skills best matched to helping customers through each step – better than your competitors do.
The Slow Down, Sell Faster! sales model also incorporates practical advice on how to better navigate relationships on the customer side when there is more than one decision maker involved.
How Customers Buy
Customers go through eight predictable steps every time they consider a major purchase. To figure out how to best serve your customers, you need to figure out where they are in their buying process and what kinds of information they need so they can move on to the next step.
Having a better understanding of customer buying enables you to ask questions that are in sync with how your customer is thinking.
Skills Needed to Help Customers Buy
The Slow Down Sell Faster!™ model describes 8 Sales “Roles” that represent the professional skills you’ll need to best help a customer through each step of the customer buying process.
Selling to Multiple Decision Makers
The simple sale involving only one decision maker is getting rarer and rarer. There will likely be multiple decision makers, each with different interests, needs, and degrees of influence – and each will likely be at a different step of the buying process at any given moment in time.
This module of Slow Down, Sell Faster! provides the strategies and tactics salespeople need to win the complex sale.
To find out if the Slow Down Sell Faster!™ model is right for your company, contact us now.
Slow Down, Sell Faster! is a trademark of TopLine Leadership Inc.
All models in these pages are © 2012 TopLine Leadership, Inc., and are used by permission.